September 20, 2013 by thefreshchuff
Avoid using semi-colons in fiction. Break the sentence into two instead.
Nah, dude. Nah.
If you think you should avoid using semicolons, then you don’t know how to use semicolons. Let me help you with that.
- Punctuation Made Simple: The Semicolon
- GrammarGirl: Semicolons
- Punctuation: The Semicolon
- The Guide to Grammar and Writing: The Semicolon
- Virtual Salt: Using Semicolons
- Writer’s Relief: Three Essential Semicolon Rules
- GrammarBook: Semicolon
- Purdue Owl Online Writing Lab: Commas vs. Semicolons in Compound Sentences
- Writer’s Web: Using Semicolons
- The Week: In defense of the semicolon
- Grammar-Monster: Merge Two Sentences with a Semicolon
- The Writer’s Handbook: Using Semicolons
- Instead of Comma Splices